Friday, July 5, 2013

Frugal Friday Refashion

Disclaimer:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  I'm not a photographer.  I tried this time, though!  I really did!  I got out the "good camera," even!  I don't know...jeezz...I have no camera talent at all.  Sorry!
  



A couple of years ago, a family friend gave us a huge box full of clothes that their daughter had outgrown.  Hand me downs!  SCORE!!  Now, these clothes were a LOT more expensive than I typically ever buy for my own kids.  And a few of the pieces didn't really suit my middle daughter's tastes...she's more of a t-shirt and jeans type. 

So...I put them back in the box, hid them away with the intention of pulling them out one day for Lindsay (the youngest), and we waited.

...and waited...

and we're still waiting.

But occasionally I'll get that box out of the closet and go through it; hoping that I'll finally be able to find something that fits her.  NopeNada.  But when I pulled this little skirt out of the bottom of the box, I knew it would be a perfect re-fashion project! 

I didn't take a before picture, but really and truly - there wouldn't be much to it.  You see, I didn't sew a darn thing on this dress.  I didn't cut it, hem it, or otherwise alter this skirt in any way.  It had a simple draw string sewn into the front half of the skirt, and the back was elastic. 

I simply cinched it up around Lindsay's chest, tied a knot, and then tied it around her neck in a halter-style.

I think it turned out darling!  :) 

 
 




 

I think this is just about as frugal as it gets, folks, so I'm linking up to the Frugal Friday linky party over at The Shabby Nest!  Stop by and share your Frugality with us!   :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get reader comments!!