Friday, July 5, 2013

Life Lessons

Today's Life Lesson was Sewing.  I have the day off (whoop! whoop!), and decided to get busy on some sewing projects that I'd been wanting to start for a while.  I'll save those for another post, but as I was sewing, it hit me that this was a teachable moment! 

Addie already knows how to sew pretty well - she's made blankets and clothes for her dolls, and even a teddy bear!  But Lindsay has always been just a little too little...ya know?  Maybe I just wasn't ready for her to grow up enough to learn.  That sounds horrible, I know.  But it's probably at least a little true.  :( 

Anyway, I looked up from my machine to see Lindsay watching TV, so I invited her over.  Her eyes lit up, and I knew we were about to have a good time!  She loves to sew!!  Yay!! 

I gave her a piece of paper for her first lesson....her assignment was to sew straight lines by keeping her needle in the middle of the "road" (the lines on the paper really helped her visualize that.)






 Look at those straight lines!!!  Her next lesson will be to sew around basic shapes, and then I may even give her a very basic coloring sheet to sew around...not sure yet. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

PS...if anyone has any ideas on fun sewing projects for kids, I'd love to hear about them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get reader comments!!