Thursday, July 4, 2013

Quick Tip for Staying Cool and Smelling Sweet...Despite the Heat


Happy 4th of July!  It is so hot out there today!  We've spent the majority of our time by the pool today.  The hubby was off work so we all slathered up with a gallon of sun-screen (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly) and jumped in!  I love summer because our family always makes a point to spend time together outside by the pool, being goofy & enjoying each other.  Fall will come soon, and we will spend our time together watching football games on the ginormous flat screen that my husband bought for our family room.  And while I do love that (I'm a football freak), I just love how we spend our summers!  Wouldn't trade it for the world!

Here's how I keep my family cool in this Texas heat:  It's so simple, I'm almost ashamed to devote an entire post to it. 

Get your favorite body spray (I love all the philosophy scents; my favorite is Unconditional Love, but I can't seem to find it in the body spritz version anymore. ).  And here's the trick....

Stick it in the fridge! 


When you come in from a hot day, you just grab it out of the fridge and spray it on, and it instantly cools and refreshes you!  We have a small fridge in our pool house, so I always keep a bottle in there and also in the house.  I've been thinking of trying to find a body spray that has some SPF in it...I don't even know if they make that, but I think it would be a good alternative if you're going to be in direct sun. 

Anyway...Hope everyone stays cool and has a safe 4th of July!  Leave me a comment and let me know how you stay cool during the summer.  Does anyone know of a body spray with SPF?? 

amy

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, smelling idea! Pinned:) New follow for ya! Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/07/vintage-swimwear.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to get reader comments!!